Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NEW FOOD EXPERIENCE



So tonight I went to this new Turkish restaurant nearby my hotel and decided to try something different. By different I mean something other than the national dish out here "Kapsa", chicken and rice.

Let me start by telling you about this dish here, it was my choice from the starters menu. The name of this dish was "Beyti Kebab" , it was meat wrapped in a special thin bread, served with grilled tomatoes, peppers and a pistachio yogurt. The food here was amazing as you can see by some of the pictures I took, the one important thing I can tell you about Turkish food is that it is very heavy. The waiter asked if I wanted some tea or dessert, I had no room for tea, dessert or anything else tonight. The one benefit about this restaurant is that it is located in the mall so I took advantage and walked a few laps around to help the food go down. In all really enjoyed my first Turkish dining experience and the food wasn't that expensive! Would definitely go back there again.


I had a fantastic Lentil Soup. I bit spicy but thats what gave it the kick!


This was a traditional salad, I have to admit the taste was as good as the picture!


This was a main dish, it was called "Biftek." If your thinking like I am I was telling the waiter I want "Beef Steak" and he noded he head and said "yes, Biftek!" As long as we were able to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment