Friday, April 9, 2010

JANADRIA FESTIVAL


Here are some pics from the Janadria Festival. For two weeks every year, the past comes to Riyadh. The vibrant Annual Heritage and Culture Festival is a showcase for crafts from across the Kingdom organized by the National Guard. It celebrates the culture and traditions that unite this great country, the festival also includes displays of regional architecture, cuisine, craft, markets, dances and folklore. Definitely had a good time and enjoyed the history and tradition. I went with some of my students and they treated me very well.


Amazing buildings which represented every city in the Kingdom. Each time we went to a different area my students would give me the history and what the area is known for.


A vision of tradition, this is a ritual preformed when a new King takes the throne...quite a display!


As you can see from some of my students, this is one of the most anticipated and enjoyable events of the year!


There was one building filled with wonderful works of art. This is just one of my many favorites.


This was in the Mecca area. These were native Meccans dress in the traditional garb.


Black Camels...The "Ships of the Desert." These guys were warming up the the Camels races they had!


I had to catch this desert sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment