Monday, May 24, 2010

BAHRAIN TRIP

What's up bloggerhood I know it been a while and i'm behind on my post but inshallah I will catch up on all the great photos and sights here in the Kingdom and in the Middle East. In the last poll you voted that Mecca/Medina be my next trip and I was all booked up to go when plans changed and I had to go to Bahrain (a neighboring country to the Kingdom) to handle an issue with my Visa and to have a little fun at the same time. Here are some pictures from my trip hope you enjoy!

The Mall: Getting to the Bahrain Mall was an adventure I had to take a city bus to get me close then I had to walk like 1/2 mile through a maze like neighborhood in very humid and swampy weather. When I finally arrived i realized that this was the smallest mall in the city and very limited in enjoyment. Nonetheless, I had a great time walking through the city neighborhoods and talking to many locals along the way!

The Locals: The weather in Bahrain was ridiculously humid and anytime i stepped outside of an air-conditioned building i was reminded of the fact that I was now in the Middle East! I got a great picture of some kids playing in a water fountain near my hotel, all around the city people were out to brave this humidity doing various activities such as playing Cricket, football(soccer) or shopping.

The Pearl: Bahrain means "The Kingdom of two Seas" and is located in the Persian Gulf it has a long history and is also well known for its beautiful Pearls. This is at the center of a roundabout near the shopping area in the city.

The Hotel: This is a picture of the hotel where i stayed. had a great time and excellent service. The hotel was very central to everything and even easy to walk to historic sites around the city.

The Beauty: Bahrain turned out to be a very interesting place the city is rich with history and culture but second-to-none was the beautiful sunsets and astonishing city skyline!

No comments:

Post a Comment